Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The New, Less Aerodynamic Hyundai Sonata

Now that a few days have passed and the shock has subsided, I will report on the devastation perpetrated on my lovely new car.

Was it pure accident or perhaps something purposeful - something deep and dark in her soul? We will probably never know for sure. All I do know is that in backing my car out of her mom's driveway, Laura turned, bringing the right front fender into contact with the bumper of Phil's truck (actually, I think it really is Sally's). Fortunately, there was no damage to the truck and most importantly, no one was hurt. Phil wasn't even in his truck, though he was able to watch the whole thing.

So why would I even suggest that it might be anything other than an accident? Maybe because of the pattern. I refer, of course, back to March 1987. Back to the only other time in my life that I owned a new car. Back to a time when I first met Laura. At that time, when we were dating, she also tried to scar my lovely new car by tearing the arm rest off of the door. I know she did something else to my new car during that time but my mind has blocked it out - a repressed memory.

So, what to do? The insurance company can arrange to fix my car, but what will fix the anxiety I feel?

4 comments:

The Hendersons said...

so can you not hold this against her during your trip? vacations are meant to serve as escapes from the axnieties of life.

Anonymous said...

I think the real culprit is called having a "LEAD FOOT"!!!!
That is what her daddy used to say about Laura and her Mama. I never could understand why, but just maybe he had good reason. You think???? Have a wonderful vacation and be safe. Love You Both Mom

Allison said...

A little Xanax and all your anxieties will melt far, far away.

Chrissy said...

I bet it was a plot against Mama! I mean just why was Ms. Sally's truck parked at the exact spot and exact time? The truck did it!